I’m sleeping is an Android application that automatically puts your device into silent mode. This is useful when you don’t want to be bothered by notifications, SMSes or incoming calls. It features:
- automatic scheduling, including a different schedule for weekends if so desired
- manual mode through a widget
- whitelist support (groups, favorites, …)
- urgent mode
I’m sleeping also doesn’t interfer with normal usage of the device, ie. you can still put your phone in and out of silent mode manually.
I’m sleeping will automatically put your phone in and out of silent mode if configured to do so. Here are the explanation of the different fields in the settings:
- Scheduler: when enabled, you can instruct when I’m sleeping will put your device into silent mode. If you want a different schedule for the weekend, just select the Weekend section.
- Whitelist: if you want some people to still be able to ring the phone when I’m sleeping put it into silent mode, add them to the whitelist
I’m sleeping also features a widget. It allows to put the device into silent mode indepedently from the automatic setting. This is useful if you’re taking a nap or decide to go to bed early. Simply tap the widget and enter how many hours you plan to sleep.
- Q: How do I use the widget?
- A: Add it to your homescreen and tap it. You can also use it even if you don’t use I’m sleeping in automatic mode
- Q: What happens if I have automatic mode set to 22:00, but I use the widget at 21:00 and set it for 6 hours?
- A: The widget will always take precedence over automatic mode. In that case the phone will be put in silent mode from 21:00 until 03:00 and automatic mode will kick again the next day
- Q: Will the alarm I set still ring to wake me up?
- A: Yes. Just make sure that Alarm Clock / Settings / Alarm in Silent mode is set (it is by default)
- Q: Could you explain the permissions needed?
- A: Yes. READ_PHONE_STATE_AND_IDENTITY is needed to get incoming call numbers, READ_CONTACT_DATA is needed to match such number with the contacts on the whitelist and AUTOMATICALLY_START_AT_BOOT is needed to place the alarm which will enable or disable silent mode. The application does not run in the background
- Q: Will people from the whitelist still be able to call me if I manually put the phone to silent mode without using the widget?
- A: No. I’m sleeping does not interfer with normal usage of the device
- Q: The group whitelist doesn’t work
- A: It only works with a Google Group (ie. not a local group)
- Q: The device still vibrates on Lollipop
- A: This is a known lollipop problem with early versions. Make sure you have the latest firmware of your device installed
- Q: How can I stop the LED from blinking?
- A: There is a settings in ‘Advanced’ which is enabled by default. Please not that it doesn’t work on all devices (eg. Samsung).
If you need help or you believe I’m sleeping doesn’t work properly with your device. Please contact us here and provide the following information: what doesn’t work, precise phone brand and model, Android version/custom rom type and version. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
There’s also a Google+ community for discussions, support and beta versions.